Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Inactive is my new middle name

In high school, I was a year round runner. I participated in cross country in the fall, and track in the spring. During the winter months I ran with my schools running club and in the summer I ran with teammates.

Entering college I was still pretty active. My major was Exercise Science so if I wasn't working out on my own, I was teaching a group fitness class, training a client or working out in class.



So now I have reached the point in my life where I have become inactive. It's not even something I feel like I can talk about with friends or co-workers. I can't tell you how many times I have expressed my frustrations with needing to get in shape and I receive an eye roll.

Let me just set the record straight to all you hater-eye rollers, you don't have to be overweight to be insecure. AND I'm not wanting to workout to lose weight, I'm wanting to get back in shape.

So I've decided to get a gym membership. Which for those of you who know where I work, this usually produces another eye roll. I work at a recreation center with a really nice gym.

Reasons why I HATE working out at work:

#1 I've been there all day. Do I really want to stay another hour? Umm No.
#2 I know everyone there, so I usually end up talking to someone.
#3 I know everyone there, so I am insecure about them watching me workout.
#4 I live an hour away, so the only option for me is to workout before or after work. Weekends are out.

I just want a place close to home. That way, I can come home from work, relax, make dinner and then head to the gym for an evening workout. On the weekends I can head there whenever I want!

So now that I have clarified my reasons, I hope you won't judge me. After some convincing, John finally seems on board with the idea! I'm planning on getting us both a membership at club fitness this week. Hopefully this will help us get back into shape!


No comments:

Post a Comment